Tuesday, August 19, 2008

It's Tuesday, Day 2 of the Diet and a bit of a rainy day. I had fun with Ben today. We bought him some stacking cups and it amused him for a good part of the afternoon. I wonder what his first memory will be. My first is walking downstairs in the house I grew up in and walking into a sun-flooded living room where my grandmother was watching TV with my 2 cousins. I was pulling a wooden dog on wheels with a long yellow plastic lead. I remember my Gran saying, "Well, now, look who woke up!" It's a good memory. She passed away in 1998 and I still miss her, guess I always will.

I've been watching the Olympics every night. I get so emotionally involved although the events happened a day ago. I love when they show the athlete's mom with her heart on her face. I want everyone to win. But life doesn't work like that.

No comments: